NFL Picks, World Series set

I went 4-5 in my college picks, hopefully my pro picks go better.

1:00
Washington at Chicago
I like Washington's defense against the Bears' OL. It should be able to get some sacks and pressure Jay Cutler into some mistakes. Redskins 20-17.

Philadelphia at Tennessee
In the pick 'em pool I'm in on espn.com, I picked the Eagles, who are 3.5-point underdogs, so they just have to lose by three or less. Do I think they'll actually win? This is a toss up, but I'll go with the Eagles, 27-23.

Pittsburgh at Miami
The Dolphins have had trouble with the teams that are better than them all year--just haven't been able to get over the hump. Steelers' offense should continue to develop with Big Ben under center for another week. Steelers 28-20.

4:15
New England at San Diego
The Chargers have won all their home games and lost all their road games. I think that trend will end against the surging Pats, who look strong under Bill Beliechik. He looks like he has the team compromised the way he wants it. Patriots win 34-24.

8:20
Minnesota at Green Bay
I believe Brett Favre will have one of his best games of the year against his former team, but that's not saying much since he hasn't been sharp this year. It won't be enough and the Packers get back on track with a 24-20 win.

Monday night
N.Y. Giants at Dallas
Desperate Dallas needs a win badly. As a Cowboys fan, I'm very cynical right now. They just find ways to lose even though they mostly outplay their opponents. I think the trend continues in this one. 30-24 Giants.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WORLD SERIES
The Giants beat the Phillies 3-2 tonight, setting up a World Series showdown with the Rangers. In my MLB playoff picks, I had 3 of the 4 LCS teams right--I only missed Texas. But I picked a Philly-NY World Series so I'm 0 for 2 there. This should be a fun series to watch. The Rangers, with redemption stories Josh Hamilton and Ron Washington, are compelling. Cliff Lee is absolutely at the top of his game right now. The Giants are a rag-tag bunch of guys who get it done in close games and have maybe the strangest-looking closer in the league, Brian Wilson, "Fear the Beard." First game is Wednesday and I'll get out any other thoughts about the series and my pick before then.

Comments