NFL picks

Wow, what a day in college football. Virginia was almost Vandalized, Virginia Tech failed to score a TD at home for the first time since 1995 in a big loss to Clemson, and Wisconsin gave Nebraska a rude welcoming to the Big Ten. I'll have more reaction to college football on Tuesday. The crazy day added up to a 2-6 record for me in picks, one of my worst days I can remember. Let's see if I bounce back with my NFL picks.

1 p.m.
Lions at Cowboys--The Lions have to lose eventually right? They have to falter somewhere. This is Detroit we are talking about. Is that day today? I would not be shocked if the Lions when in Dallas. Their strong pass rush, led by Ndomkong Suh (don't think I spelled his first name right) could wreak havoc on Dallas' passing game. Hopefully, Tony Romo's ribs don't find the turf too often. I'm going with the Cowbooys here because they are at home and have shown themselves to be a resilient team, and also because I think the Lions are going to slip up sometime. They've won seven in a row dating back to last season.
Cowboys 20, Lions 17

Redskins at Rams--The Rams, if they can get it going, are, to me, still the favorite to win the dreadful NFC West. They've had a tough early schedule, with the Giants, Ravens, and Eagles. I think they are going to 0-4 today as the Skins bounce back from their loss to Dallas on Monday, but I'm telling you, watch out for the Rams. They still have six division games left.
Redskins 24, Rams 17

Steelers at Texans--The Steelers have shown they are vulnerable and the Texans have perhaps shown they are for real.
Texans 27, Steelers 23

4 p.m.
Patriots at Raiders--This one could turn into a shootout. I like the Raiders a lot, but I'm not betting against the Patriots and Bill Belichik after a loss.
Patriots 38, Raiders 34

8:20 p.m.
Jets at Ravens--The Raiders sliced and diced Rex Ryan's 'D' for over 200 rushing yards last week and the Ravens are back at home for the second time this year, where they sliced and diced the Steelers to the tune of a 35-7 victory.
Ravens 31, Jets 24

Monday night
Colts at Buccaneers--Buccaneers 23, Colts 16

Comments