Elite 8 picks

After going 2-2 Thursday, I went 4-0 Friday in my picks. Here are my predictions for the Elite 8 games on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday
Florida 64, Louisville 62: Hmmm, which way to go? Florida's potent offense or Louisville's suffocating defense? The Gators have just looked too good to me in the tournament so far. But it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Cardinals take this one. They won the Big East tournament and that usually counts for something in the Big Dance, and they just knocked off No. 1-seed Michigan State.

Ohio State 60, Syracuse 59: I like Ohio State in this one. The Orange will have a tough time stopping Jared Sullinger without Fab Melo in the inside of their 2-3 zone. Syracuse came out on the good end of a one-point game against a Big Ten team Thursday but I think it'll come out on the bad end this time.

Sunday
Kentucky 89, Baylor 86: The Wildcats looked superb on offense against Indiana on Friday. The Bears can run with them but I don't think they'll be able to keep up, much like the Hoosiers fell off near the end of Friday's game.

Kansas 63, North Carolina 59: If Kendall Marshall can't go again, I like the Jayhawks. Flip this score if he plays in the Tar Heels' favor. UNC still has a shot if Marshall doesn't go, though. Kansas didn't look great against N.C. State on Friday.

Comments