NFL championship game picks

Didn't have access to a good computer this weekend, so I'm late getting my picks out. Atlanta is already up 7-0 on San Francisco, BUT I was actually going to pick the 49ers all along, so I'm not going back on that now. I'll stick to my gut.

49ers 31, Falcons 20

In the AFC, I like the Ravens. They are very confident heading into this game. They've been buoyed by the return of Ray Lewis in the playoffs and he is their emotional core. The Ravens already beat the Patriots once this year, at home in Week 3, 31-30. This game is a rematch of last season's AFC championship. A year ago, the Ravens were a dropped Lee Evans touchdown away from winning and then a chip-shot Billy Cundiff field goal away from sending the game into overtime. Neither converted in the final seconds and the Patriots went on as the AFC's representative in the Super Bowl against the Giants. I just think this could be the Ravens' year and they aren't intimidated by anything the Patriots will throw at them and the crowd won't be a huge factor for Baltimore.

Ravens 30, Patriots 28

Comments