NFL predictions - Part I

Last week: 5-5
Overall record: 16-12

Saints at Bears, 1 p.m. FOX
The Saints have not been good at Chicago, but the weather is supposed to be good Sunday, nice and warm. And this is not the Bears' defense of old. The focus is on offense under new head coach Mark Trestman. Chicago's pass 'D' ranks 23rd in the league and rush 'D' ranks 15th. Close game, but I think the Saints pull it out.
Saints 24, Bears 20

Patriots at Bengals, 1 p.m. CBS
Patriots 24, Bengals 17

Lions at Packers, 1 p.m. FOX
Green Bay is looking up at both Detroit and Chicago in the NFC North but I'm not convinced those teams are better yet. I like the Packers at home here in a shootout.
Packers 38, Lions 31

Seahawks at Colts, 1 p.m. FOX
Battle of the brainy QBs -- Seattle's Russell Wilson vs. Indy's Andrew Luck. I really like the way the Colts are playing this year. Seattle tends to not be as good on the road as it is at home but has gotten better recently. It should have lost last week at Houston but came back and won in overtime. I think a second straight trip east will be a bit much for the Seahawks. I like the Colts to hand Seattle its first loss of the season.
Colts 24, Seahawks 21

Ravens at Dolphins, 1 p.m. CBS
Dolphins 23, Ravens 20

Eagles at Giants, 1 p.m. FOX
Expect a shootout in New York. I think the Giants finally get on the board with a win in this one. The Eagles' offense should have some success against the Giants, but the Eagles have had a hard time stopping anyone and they will probably be on the field a lot. I expect Eli Manning and the Giants' offense to have a big day.
Giants 35, Eagles 34

Comments