ACC football team previews

It's almost that time of year ...

We've been blessed with several not 90-100 degree days here in Virginia this summer. The last couple nights have been into the 60s and maybe the 50s. We are almost into August and there are probably many more hot days left in the year but we are definitely headed toward fall and football season. I'd be lying if I said I am excited about the UVa football season. I'm expecting a dismal year after an extremely disappointing 2013 season which saw the Cavaliers go 2-10. But, I'm diligent and back for another month of ACC football team previews. Like I've done before, I will start in the Atlantic Division and go north to south, move to the
Coastal and go north to south, and then finish with the Virginia preview. I usually pride myself on being good at geography, but last year, my first preview included both Boston College and Syracuse, with BC first. Welp, Syracuse is actually more north than Boston, so Syracuse will be the first preview this year. The only major change for the ACC in 2014 is that Maryland is out and Louisville is in, so no more analyzing the Terrapins and I'll instead be studying the Cardinals. Notre Dame is a member of the ACC for almost every sport, but football is not one of them. Notre Dame starts its agreement to play many ACC teams this season in football, but I will not be previewing the Fighting Irish. I will include them for what I hope is my inaugural ACC basketball team previews in late October and early November.

Here will be the order in which I release the previews and which teams will be included in each:

Atlantic
Syracuse, Boston College
Louisville, Wake Forest
N.C. State, Clemson, Florida State

Coastal
Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech
Duke, North Carolina
Georgia Tech, Miami
Virginia

Despite the lack of excitement surrounding the Wahoos, another college football season is almost upon us and that is exciting. I hope you are ready like me. I hope to release the Syracuse and Boston College previews within the next week.

Comments

  1. I can't remember a time when I was least excited about any sports season in history. Virginia sucks and a team I can't stand is likely going to win the title (unless Oregon or Stanford stops blowing all their opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To which team are you referring? FSU is probably the favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top five in the publication I was reading were OU, Oregon, FSU, Alabama, and Auburn. I guess I wouldn't be too sad if Auburn won, but I'm not particularly fond of any of those teams except Oregon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment